It is the month of November and my one month challenge of walking/jogging 100 kms to raise money for sick children began this week.
I did 21.45 km this week and raised $158 dollars for the starlight children foundations. My week started with a tummy ache and I missed my day 1. But felt better on day two and began with a 5km walk. On Friday I jogged/walked for 7km and on Saturday finished my week with a short relaxing walk of 3 km. I took today as my rest day.
What did I learn this week
- Have the strength to keep pushing
- Completed four days of cardio and have slept well
- Have to wear lighter clothes because it is getting hot and walking/jogging in the heat isn’t fun. That means I need to start earlier.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and more sunscreen
- Listening to the body, some days you will walk fast, other days you will want to jog and other days you need to take a relaxing walk
- I know I have to do 5km for five days, so I avoid looking at my GPS too much, some days I have gone over and other days under 5 km. On Wednesday I thought I had done 4 km and walked home when I checked my Fitbit. I had done 3 km. So, I had to walk for another 2 kms.
What To Do On Rest Days: 5 Best Ways To Stimulate Active Recovery https://betterme.world/articles/what-to-do-on-rest-days/
The 11 dos and don’ts of rest day https://www.exercise.co.uk/learn/the-11-dos-and-donts-of-rest-days/
How to exercise in the heat safely. https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/blog/fitness/exercising-in-the-heat
The tips in this video are helpful in exercising in summer.