It is the third week of November and my one month challenge of walking/jogging 100 kms to raise money for sick children continued this week.
If you are interested in donating to my charity, please click. https://gobigchallenge.org.au/romayne-pavsn
Have done 76 kms out of my 100 kms for the month. My week started with a 9 km walk around the city. On Tuesday I did a short walk of 4kms and rested on Wednesday. On Thursday did a 6km walk and completed my week with a 7 km jog on Saturday.
Thought by week three I would feel exhausted because I do cardio for four days. Think taking a break has helped my body recover. Another thing is I have been exercising for a while and my body is used to it.
What have I learnt this week
- Increased my distance for two days
- Rest is still important
- Feel lighter and more energized
- Have the determination to keep pushing
Came across two articles that spoke about keeping your mental strengths through workouts and I agree with the points.
- There will be days when you don’t want to come out of bed but you need to remember your goals and slowly get out of bed and put your clothes on and remind yourself why you are doing the challenge. I am doing this challenge to run 100 kms to raise funds for sick children.
- I need to be consistent in reaching my 100 kms, that’s reaching my goal that is 25 kms per week.
- Embrace discomfort. There will be days you will feel sore or still sleepy because you didn’t sleep well the night before. There will be days you need to rest because your shin hurts or you banged your toe.
- Facing the elements, there will be days when it is too hot, and days that will be perfect. I have jogged in hot conditions, cold conditions and the perfect conditions.
11 proven ways to build mental strength for better running https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/training/a773966/9-ways-to-boost-your-mental-strength/
9 Ways to Build Mental Toughness for Running https://runninforsweets.com/mental-toughness/#:~:text=9%20Ways%20to%20Build%20Mental%20Toughness%20for%20Running,flexibility%20…%208%20Stay%20consistent%20…%20More%20items