My Good and Bad Food Habits
Ever since I started my weight loss journey, I had to change my diet. I came across several articles which look at the good and bad food eating habits. Before I share the articles, I wanted to share my good food habits and the bad food habits I had to say bye-bye to.
My 5 Good Habits
- Tracking my food, use an app to write what I have eaten or plan my meal. This app kelps track how much protein, carbs and fat I have consumed.
- Drinking water-Before I started my weight loss journey, I used to skimp on water, will go one day without drinking more than 750ml of water. I have changed that habit and I drink at least 2000ml of water. I try to drink at every hour.
- Exercising-I am happy to say I have been exercising for several years and my aim is to keep exercising until I am old.
- Eating Breakfast- I have never skipped breakfast. I always make sure I have something to eat. The advantage of being a morning person is you wake up early and make breakfast. I sit and eat my breakfast.
- Not dep frying my food- stopped frying my food and started grilling, steaming, or boiling.
My 5 bad Habits I had to stop
- Drinking soft drinks–stopped drinking soft drinks such as juice or sodas. I only drink them when I am invited for dinner or lunch, but I usually go for water.
- Junk food–stopped eating junk food every Saturdays, I eat healthy foods and on my cheat days I don’t overindulge. Junk food is a once in a lifetime thing now.
- Eating the wrong food after exercise. Many years ago, I used to exercise in the afternoon and have a biscuit after a workout or a slice of cake… yeah, that is bad. I now usually have a banana if I exercise in the afternoon. I changed my exercise routine to morning workouts and have a proper, notorious breakfast.
- Mindful eating. Had to stop scrolling my Facebook page when eating.
8 good and bad food habits. https://blog.healthmatters.io/2016/03/10/8-good-and-bad-food-habits/
9 bad eating habits and how to break them. https://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-and-nutrition-pictures/bad-eating-habits-and-how-to-break-them.aspx.
Top ten worst eating habits. https://wordpress.com/post/romaynepavan.com/3691
Eating for better health.https://dhss.delaware.gov/dph/dpc/eatright.html