It is autumn here. I am happy doing runs when the day is cooler and cloudy. The days are getting shorter and it’s still dark by 6 am. I avoid running in the dark, love running when I can see outside. So my running time has changed. The days are getting shorter and cooler.
The past weeks, I have been increasing my reps during my strength training and increased my workout days. What have I learnt the following weeks?
- My legs are stronger than my arms, my legs can lift 30 kilos, but my arm can lift 20 kilos.
- Doing leg curls and going for a run the next day is hard on the legs, but I kept pushing.
- I felt exhausted the first time I ran up the hill. But now I ran up and down the hill twice and feel fine.
- A stray cat followed me, but it must have got bored with me and disappeared. I remember once someone’s dog ran beside me and the owner was calling the dog to stop, but the dog didn’t stop and kept running with me until I stopped and the owner came and got the dog. Dogs prefer running than cats.
- The mind says, “we will go for a run tomorrow.” I ignore that voice and feel glad I did a run in the morning.
- Squatting reduces back pains. I had a back pain, and I did a squat and the pain disappeared. Love squats.
- If I am going to miss a running day, I will combine it with my strength training day. I run for thirty minutes and do strength training.
- Rest when your body is tired. You can exercise the next day.
- If you want to run further, trick the mind. Sometimes your mind says. ‘We should stop now’. Say ‘yes’ and keep running. It works for me.